Thursday, October 13, 2005

Y'erp

The Wild spanked the hated Canucks last night 6-0. Oh I know, I know no one cares about the NHL but now that I have no desire to watch the Vikings any longer (final straws and all that) the Wild should be a fun diversion this winter.

And in case you forget why this sport is so damn cool, a little reminder from this morning's Strib: (Lileks: "See, what would you do without the paper!")

Five minutes later, after Roloson made a phenomenal sliding save to rob Brendan Morrison, Bertuzzi dragged defenseman Alex Henry out of a skirmish.

A spirited fight ensued, Bertuzzi's first since Jan. 29, 2004.

"It just happened," said Henry, sporting a cut over his left eye. "They were pushing in front of the net there. They got a couple sticks in on Rolie. I don't think I shoved him first, but he was in front of me and dropped the gloves. That's what these games are about."

1 comment: