Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Blast From The Past?

This time of year can always be a little disorienting, especially for those of advancing years who are already prone to confusion such as our good friend Hugh Hewitt:

Still time to enter the Los Angeles Marathon 2006, which will be run of March 19, 2005. If my knees hold up, it will be my first post-50 marathon.

I have challenged the whiners at FratersLibertas to join me in the jog, but Peeps, aka "Chad the Elder" responded unless there is a "roller skates-assisted division," he isn't coming.

All talk. Never any show.


Firstly, running is for uncoordinated geeks who can't play real sports. Which I guess describes Hugh to a tee.

Secondly, the 2006 LA Marathon must be taking place in a rip in the time/space continuum, since according to Hugh's account it will occur on March 19th, 2005. Einstein must be rolling over in his grave.

I think Hugh needs to drink a warm glass of milk, take his meds, and sit down in his easy chair wrapped up in his favorite afghan for a while. He needs some rest. Especially if really hopes to complete the marathon in fifty hours.

UPDATE: I notice that Hugh (or one of his minions) has now updated his post without any mention of the previous error. Seems like the kind of whitewash that one would expect from the MSM.

No comments:

Post a Comment