Friday, December 02, 2005

I've Got The World On A String

Just got back from the dentist and life could not be better. After spending the last week watching every word I uttered for fear of intense pain and subsisting on a diet consisting almost exclusively of gruel (Krusty Brand Imitation Gruel at that), I had most of my fractured tooth (#10 for those wise in the ways of dentistry) removed today. And I feel fine. Better than fine. In fact, I feel good, damn good.

I can chew at last. Thank God almighty, I can chew at last! And talk. I was literally singing with joy as I drove back to work from the dentist's office. A dentist who did a hell of a job with the excavation of the offending chopper I might add. Seriously, if you live in the Twin Cities west metro area and you're looking for a dentist, drop me a line. He is the man.

Visions of "The Marathon Man" had danced in my head before today's appointment. Pliers, screaming, bloody towels, the whole works. But the doc managed to pull it off (and pull most of it out) with a minimum level of discomfort for me. The psychological suffering was far worse than anything I experienced physically.

I can now earnestly look forward to a weekend featuring the Gopher-Badger hockey series, the NARN show on Saturday with special guest Michael J. Nelson, and a hockey game of my own on Sunday night. That's right, time to get back on the horse. Protected this time by a full face-shield of course.

Sitting on a rainbow baby.

1 comment:

  1. Super website with a great sharing and amazing stories is ur web.. please keep doing what u do now.. thanks to you.
    Agen Bandarq
    Agen Domino99
    Domino Online
    Agen Poker
    Bandar Domino99
    fb

    ReplyDelete