Thursday, December 22, 2005

A Perfect Storm Of Amazing Geniuses? Not On My Watch!

Katie e-mails to second my call for a moratorium on use of the phrase "slippery slope":

THAT IS SO TRUE! You read my mind. That needs to be retired along with the phrase "perfect storm", the words "genius" and "amazing" and grizzled superiors yelling "Not on my watch!" in movies or Law and Order episodes! well done.

Nathan meanwhile, thinks I'm overreacting:

I'm sure I'm not the only person to mention this, but what the hell...

Banning one innocuous albeit overworked phrase puts you on a
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _

to banning ALL innocuous albeit overworked phrases. Which would pretty much eliminate all of the MSM and most of the blogosphere.


Innocuous? More like irritating, inane, and intellectually impotent.

No comments:

Post a Comment