Friday, June 23, 2006

Coals To Newcastle And Whatnot

In case you were curious, yes it is a nightmare to drive four Russians with limited English skills from Eden Prairie to Saint Paul for a 6:30pm dinner reservation on a Thursday night. The only consolation was that I was able to expose them to the joys of American media in the process. And that AM-1280 was one of the presets on the radio in the company vehicle, which I had never driven before. And that the Martini I enjoyed before dinner was delicious.

Okay, so maybe nightmare was a little strong. But the congestion was miserable. For a considerable time, we were bogged down like the Wermacht in '41, when the fall rains turned the roads to Moscow into a muddy quagmire (a truly appropriate use of the term). Desperate for something to talk about, I asked the cove riding in front with me about the World Cup. Turns out he hates soccer. His sport of choice? Ice hockey. Talk about an icebreaker.

No comments:

Post a Comment