Wednesday, June 28, 2006

This One's For The Girls

Damn. I'm almost out of booze. I've been finally polishing off all those 3/4 empty bottles I had been accumulating for years.



Off to Sam's Buze Mart. I love this place because just like Sam's Club, his Buze Mart means huge bottles and delightful low, low prices. One of the side benefits of doing major business here is knowing that I'm screwing over the poor, unskilled saps that work there with the below-poverty wages, no benefits and lack of advancement opportunities (if the left is to be believed).

Let's see here, Jim Beam 1.75, Smirnoff 1.75, Jose Cuervo 1.75, Tanqueray 1.75 and four bottles of wine. That's the heavy lifting. Some ahole is upset because he can't use his Visa. It's a Sam's Club buddy, no credit cards. How else are we supposed to keep the working poor down?

I also stopped at my local likker store for some beer. As I've said before, I love a good microbrew as much as the next Elder, but today I spied an 18 pack of delicious Old Style for ten bucks that could not be passed up. I also saw a jar of Georgia Moon Corn Whiskey and have been wanting to try it for a while so I picked that up.

Back home.









Ahh...that's much more like it. I love the feeling of opening my booze hutch and seeing nothing but solid bottles.

Now what will I mix up tonight?













Crap. I gotta watch my boy as the wife takes a moment for herself. Have you ever tried to mix a proper cocktail with a three month old on your shoulder? It aint easy.







Let's see, maybe I can come up with something even the wife would enjoy. Usually after I mix up a particularly brutal combination of hard buzes and little mix, I make her take a swig and delight in the faces she makes. Lets me know it's a Real Drink. But this time, this one is for the ladies:








JB's Dame Drink

2 shots tequila
2 shots Captain Morgan (hey, it's still a drink)
splash of strawberry margarita mix
splash of regular margarita mix
splash ginger ale
splash lime juice
splash cherry juice
splash cherry liquer (adds a slight dryness to the drink)

After appropriate shaking in your shaker, pour contents into a proper high ball glass with plenty of ice.

I guarantee even the daintiest of gals will enjoy.

3 comments: