Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Trying To Knock Jack Off The Hill

The Blog From The Core has a profile of Diana Irey, the woman challenging Jack Murtha in Pennsylvania's 12th Congressional District:

Ms. Irey is now in her third term as county commissioner. Why did she decide to get into the Congressional race?

"It was just before Christmas, and Mr. Murtha was saying we need to redeploy from Iraq, and I started thinking about what he was saying at that time. I talked to a few people about the length of time he has been in office--32 years. And I spoke with people about his issues. I started getting phone calls from people in the district encouraging me to take a hard look at this race. So I did that. When I took a look at Mr. Murtha and this race, I decided that he doesn't at all represent what the people in this area want. So I felt quite a responsibility to take him on."


You can make a donation to her campaign here.

No comments:

Post a Comment