Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Daddy/Boy Night Live Blogging

My baby mama is going out tonight for a movie so JB is taking care of the boy for the first time solo.

Btw, just for yuks sometime at work in mixed company, mention that you are going to babysit your kid at some point. Make sure you use the word babysit. Then wait for the responses from your gal co-workers. As far as I'm concerned, when his primary caregiver is not around, it's babysitting. Take it up with God if that sounds old fashioned to you or something.

6:37 Mommy has been gone for 3 minutes and he's already crying. I need a cocktail.



6:42 Ahhh...that's better. Perfect time for a G&T. Is there a bad time?

6:51 I changed him and gave him the nook. That oughta work...for about five minutes. What channel is the Cup on?



6:55 The nook is out. Now he's chomping on his hand. Whatever. Damn this is a good cocktail.



6:58 What else is on tonight? I've been watching the second season of Entourage on Charter In Demand and all the old Band of Brothers...but what else? Emeril? Look Who's Talking? Little House? What about the damn Military Channel? "Secrets of Archeaology"? I don't think so. And of the History Channel (come on something war related) Modern fuggin' Marvels?

7:03 Thank God for that ceiling fan. It keeps him entertained while I freshen up this cocktail.

7:09 The nook is going back in (is it possible for you to keep the thing in your mouth for more than 2 minutes a time boy?) These two month olds are fussy beasts!
Time to dial up an episode of Band of Brothers. What an amazing series of shows. Wow. This is the Bastogne episode. Compared to the men of the 506th, even a guy like me would be considered a wuss.

7:18 He's crying again. Damn. Might be time for the first bottle.

7:35 Yup, he needed the bottle. About ½. Couple good burps too. Mommy will be so proud. Blogger's down. POS.

7:37 Easy Company is taking it's first casualties of Bastogne. What a hell.



7:38 He's crying. Let's get the other half of that bottle in him and see what happens. Diaper time. He just loves getting' that diaper changed.













7:50 Maybe a little time under the mobile. Yes! He's diggin' it.



7:54 What's going on with the game? SOMEONE TELL ME A SCORE! Jeez, Mark Messier is STIFF on camera. Not his element.

8:06 I need food. And a beer. Do I have any of that sweet, sweet Hamms left in the beer fridge? Lord I hope I do.

8:08 Another bean burrito is necessary. I hope he holds out under the mobile while I choke this down.

8:10 You know, I like them fancy boo-teak beers as much as the next Elder (Anchor Steam Liberty Ale anyone?) but this Hamm's is just delicious.



8:11 "Not a lot of great opportunities this period". No crap. This game is pretty boring. I'm going back to the BOB. He's starting to fuss. Blogger is down again.

8:15 I'll tell you a little secret about the Elder. He's Jewish. No kidding. He converted a couple of years ago after a long heart-to-heart with Medved at Jasperwood but hasn't told our family. I promised to never tell, but I lie sometimes. He's not ashamed or anything, he just worries how the family will take it.

9:11 Lordy. Carolina is up by 5 goals. I just spent the better part of an hour putting the little crapper down. He took ANOTHER bottle and while I administered it, I sneezed. This sent him into a fit of howling that seemed to never end. What? What do you want? I chucked him over my shoulder for a little walk and that seemed to do the trick. He's snoozing away now and with any luck will continue to do so until Mommy returns.

No comments:

Post a Comment