Tuesday, March 16, 2004

Difficult Decision

Apparently the poll to determine what Hugh don't know is causing readers to pause and ponder the possibilities patiently, as evidenced by this e-mail from T.G. in Parker, CO:

The choices in today's poll about the strength of Hugh's knowledge amongst music, movies, sports or wine makes for a difficult decision.

The sports he happens to know all revolve around either the Cleveland Browns, OSU, or USC. He is such a homer about those schools that when he starts talking college football, I let my mind wander towards my next tax return or dentist appointment. And just because he holds season tickets to the Angels does not make him a baseball expert either. He thinks the "double switch" is something on the wall to turn the lights on and off. How is it that he is the hockey commissioner but never talks about hockey, college or pro?

I haven't heard him talk about wine much, so I'm not sure of the breadth of his knowledge in that category. I think he just likes saying "sommelier".

But I have to say that music is High's biggest weakness. While I am not a huge Prince fan, I do respect his music as well as the number of hits Prince has written for other people. But there is no excuse for not knowing who ZZ Top is, unless you were raised in a bomb shelter and ran out of fresh batteries for the transistor radio.

No comments:

Post a Comment