Friday, March 05, 2004

We The People Say - Get Down!

We don’t do a lot of marketing research on Fraters Libertas, so we’re not exactly sure what people read or how they react to it. But I received some feedback today that gives us an idea of where the readers’ heads are at.

Regarding the new nickel, in a post earlier today I engaged in some social commentary about historical accuracy and mass consciousness manipulation through engraved iconography (really, I did). And just what was the audience thinking about as they read it? You guessed it - the wild, shirtless lyrics of Mark Farner, the bone-rattling bass of Mel Schacher, and the competent drum work of Don Brewer. This from reader Greg:

Okay. I'm actually feeling my age now instead of merely looking it. When you mentioned the new nickel and a certain album, I glossed over the late date and really expected to see the cover of Grand Funk Railroad's 1971 release "E Pluribus Funk" shining out of my monitor. Oh, well.

No comments:

Post a Comment