Thursday, March 11, 2004

Deviled Eggs

Went to the neighborhood deli for lunch today. Got an egg salad sandwich on a baguette and some chicken soup. Total price: $6.66.

With spooky organ music echoing in my mind, I asked the check out girl if this was a bad omen for the meal. She said she didn't know. Since she's in the biz, I figured if there had been a demonic precedent set for this price point, she would know about it. So I hungrily wolfed it down moments ago.

No sign of head spinning or transmogriphied pea soup yet. And any appearance of such after 2PM will be credited not to the Prince of Darkness, but to the normal affect of the monthly budget meeting. But I fear I'm not out of the woods of evil possession just yet since I must admit to feeling uncharacteristically gassy at this moment. Developing....

No comments:

Post a Comment