Saturday, March 25, 2006

Always On The Sunny Side

After some time to reflect on last night's ignominious Gopher defeat, I've come to realize that every gray cloud does indeed have its silver lining. Here are a few positive takeaways:

- Given the intestinal fortitude the Gophers have displayed in the last week, they no doubt would have been destroyed by the Sioux tonight. It's bad enough to lose to Holy Cross, it would be even worse to get massacred by North Dakota in front of their crazed crowd.

- The Holy Cross Crusaders versus the North Dakota Fighting Sioux? Talk about a nightmare for the NCAA's diversity tsar.

- Despite the Gophers loss, I still went 3-1 with my picks yesterday and all my Frozen Four teams are still alive. Not only that, but the team that I picked to win the national championship now seems to have an easy path to Milwaukee.

UPDATE--With Michigan State and Wisconsin winning so far today, I'm now 5-1. A couple of #1 seeds taking care of business against their weaker opponents? Imagine that.

No comments:

Post a Comment