Wednesday, March 01, 2006

An Ash Wednesday Challenge

Today is Ash Wednesday, the day Catholics have to give up something of value for 40 days and nights in rememberance of what The Lord did up on that tree.

In past years I've given up beer. Other times wine. I just never thought that I could make the commitment to giving up all booze--I mean, that would be crazy talk right?

Well this year JB is giving up booze. All of it. My steady companion since I can't even remember will have to wait a few weeks while I do my time. This is especially hard this week since "My" band is opening for an act on Friday and we are being paid in free drinks...

So with this in mind, I would like to challenge the rest of the Fraters gang to follow JB's lead and give up the hooch this Lent. Yes, Atomizer that includes you. Think of how good that Easter martini will taste after 6 weeks of teetotalling!

Please be considerate if we tend to write more rants during this time or just seem plain ornery. Thank you for your understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment