Friday, March 03, 2006

Got Your Back Bro

Just for the record, let me be clear that I am 100% behind JB's effort to abstain from sweet sweet booze during Lent. It's not a pledge that I plan on taking myself--I will be making my own Lenten sacrifices of course, the specifics of will remain privy between me and the Big Guy--but I do respect JB's noble attempt.

That's why I plan to do everything within my power to support him in this cause. I'm there for you man. And I know that sometimes when you can't experience something firsthand, the next best thing is to live it through the eyes of another. So, in the interests of helping my fellow man through a difficult patch, I present my recent imbibing schedule. Live vicariously my brother, live vicariously.

Wednesday

- Pre-dinner drink: One glass of Oban 14 year old single malt Scotch

- During dinner drinks: three beers; a coupla De Konincks and one Brand

- Post-dinner: One glass of Armagnac brandy

Thursday

- Pre-dinner drink: One glass of Genever (old)

- Dinner: One glass of Wieckse Witte

- Post-dinner drinks at bar: One Amstel Bock and one Duvel

Friday

- Pre-lunch drink on flight home: One Dewars Scotch

- Lunch drink: One bottle (small) of red wine

- Dinner drink: One glass of red wine

- Post-dinner Gopher hockey watching drinks: One White Hawk Select IPA, one Summit Extra Pale Ale, and one glass Isle of Jura 16 year old single malt Scotch (thanks King)

I was drinking over there so JB didn't have to drink over here. Just doing my part for the cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment