Thursday, March 09, 2006

No Katie Couric None Of The Time

My wife and I have a morning ritual of watching Fox and Friends whilst I peruse the WSJ and she makes my breakfast and coffee.

But, when I adjourn to the shower, she often breaks my strict household rule of No Katie Couric None Of The Time and willfully flips over to the Today show in brazen defiance of my authority.

This usually causes me to chatise her (to no avail, she's part German) but today she ran across Katie's interview with Sir Benjamin Slade, a rich English bloke who is giving away his estate to anyone with Slade blood who meets a few simple criteria: they have to be American because he (rightfully) thinks they work harder, they have to have dough because it costs a lot to keep up the $13m estate, they can't be gay because he wants heirs to inherit it some day and most importantly, according to his comments today they cannot be "Left-wing democrats" because--well, I think the because is self-evident.

So we here at Fraters would like to raise a big glass of Sierra Mist (sigh) to Sir Benjamin Slade of Somerset England. Salud!

No comments:

Post a Comment