Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Is Chicago, Is Not Chicago

Last night, while the Twins were committing regicide at the Metrodome, Ozzie's gutty World Series Champions were laying down like dogs beside Lake Erie. The result? The Twins clinch their first ever AL wild card playoff spot. It's nice to have a local squad claim a wild card spot that actually means something, unlike the Vikings semi-regular stumbles into the post-season via the NFL wild card.

For of those who wish to cluck about my now infamous call back in May that the Twins were done, I remind you that hindsight is usually nothing but a crutch for the lazy and simple-minded. Step up to plate and give foresight a shot and then get back to me. While I received numerous taunting jabs about my erroneous prediction once the Twins had rallied to get back in the hunt, I received zero, I repeat ZERO, such admonitions back in May after I said the season was all but over.

[Sid Hartman voice]

Listen up all you arm chair geniuses out there sitting at home who like to second-guess the professional bloggers and think it's easy to make sports predictions. Let me tell you something: it isn't. I'd like to see what you'd do if you ever had to lay it on the line like I have to every day on this job. Sometimes the fans in this town are just unbelievable. They never give you credit for what goes right, they just want to blame and nitpick about every little thing that goes wrong. You don't even deserve to have a great blog like Fraters Libertas in this town and I wouldn't blame the owner if he just packed up and left. Then you'd be sorry.

[/Sid Hartman voice]

No comments:

Post a Comment