Thursday, September 21, 2006

This Is The Age Of The Expanding Man (Part VIII)

It's 9:12 am and I just ate two hot dogs. They were free of course, which explains why it was mandatory to eat my own alotted dog plus the dog of my admin which she was nice enough to hand over (after much begging and cajoling on my part).

Seems our company is having some kind of rah-rah-football-season-is-here-let's-party-like-it's-1979 kind of deal so we were treated to free hot dogs, a bag of salty snacks and about 5 ounces of soda...at 9 am.

Whatever, free food is free food and I was taught growing up that it's a sin to waste.

My performance was reminiscient of Twins games when they sell Dollar Dogs (not the delicious Dome Dogs mind you--they truck the crappiest snout-laden links this side of Austin in for this promo). The lines to get these crappy casings is always 40 people deep, with many people throwing down ten dollar bills and walking away with heaping piles of animal by-product.

For whatever reason, I stand in line and buy two of the aforementioned nasties and always eat both of them. They don't just lack taste, they are actually gross yet the deal is so good!

And free make the deal even better which explains how I could eat two dogs this early in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment