Wednesday, October 04, 2006

The Games We Play

Henry hips me to a list of the 10 Best Nintendo Games of All Time:

10. RBI Baseball

9. Duck Hunt

8. Excitebike

7. Paperboy

6. Double Dribble

5. Ice Hockey

4. Mario Brothers

3. Mike Tyson's Punchout

2. Tecmo Bowl

1. Baseball Stars

So there you have it. The ten greatest games in the history of Nintendo. I can already see the adventure freaks lining up at my door to argue about the exclusion of Zelda and Metroid, but I will not be swayed. The aforementioned games are the ones that shaped my childhood and made me the man that I am today.


Not a bad list. Tecmo Bowl, Punchout, Ice Hockey, and Duck Hunt all are classics. But I have a few other selections that I would add to a list of best NES games:

-After Burner

-Base Wars: Brings violence and weapons to baseball.

-Bionic Commando

-Castlevania

-Dusty Diamonds All-Star Softball: One of the best games ever. Jacking one at the school yard and breaking a window? It just doesn't get any better.

-Goal!: Playing your way through this virtual World Cup was much better than watching the real thing.

-Seicross

-Shingen The Ruler

No comments:

Post a Comment