Tuesday, October 17, 2006

A, O, Oh Way To Go Ohio

Tom e-mails to take issue with my Live and Local? post from yesterday:

Ahem - As a transplanted Ohioan here in the Great White North, I resent your implication that "Sterling" Scheissler is being imported from some "low-cost third world state". A check of the latest information from the The Tax Foundation--State and Local Tax Burdens by State shows that Ohio and Minnesota have recently switched places - from 4th to 3rd and vice versa.

We have our issues--like your pal Red Right 88 aka Hugh Hewitt being a native--but that's Northern Ohio which is too far left for even Ontario to claim it.

I believe that the reason Sterling is on the air has more to do with the company Sterling works for--"Evil" Clear Channel. Evil Clear Channel (as the lefties call it) has a remote broadcast operation set up outside Cincinnati that utilizes technology to remote broadcast anywhere. Lots of stations are taking advantage of this technology -does it say something about the dearth of good on-air talent in this area to get a decent local show?

Look, I don't disagree with you - Sterling sucks. I told him so when he had a weekend show in Cincinnati. It doesn't surprise me that even your NARN stable of stars mate Meeotch Berg (from the blog "Shot in the Dark" aka "Mitch and the Liberals who Hate him but Keep Crashing his Comments Section with their Wordy BS" can't figure out why Sterling is on the radio here.

Honestly, when I first moved here, I listened to KSTP, but now that the only two people I like are on while I'm at work--the station is not worth having on my presets-- unless Mishke moves back to late nights. By the way, I listen to the NARN faithfully each Saturday - could you play the Gatekeepers theme under the show all the time or at least on your blog? I just can't get enough--bump, bump, bump, bump, da na, da na na na?


If Saint Paul had his way, we would do just that Tom. He spends most This Week In Gatekeeping segments bobbing in his chair like a buoy in the North Sea. The music most definitely moves him. We'll see if we can put up a link to the theme here.

No comments:

Post a Comment