Thursday, September 29, 2005

I'll Make A Fight For The Forefather's Plan

Me and my pal Mitch over at Shot In The Dark like to spar over the relative merits of the rock and roll music. He seems to like it along with the hamburger sandwiches, french-fried potatoes and malted milks that go along with that whole culture (apologies to Mike Nelson).

Me, I see no value in most of the today's rock. Mainly a bunch of secular humanist, leftist poseurs who just want Rolling Stone to like them if you ask me. But country, now there is a place a good conservative can get some serious red meat.

Take Gretchen Wilson's new album "All Jacked Up" released this past Tuesday and the song "Politically Uncorrect".

The original country outlaw Merle Haggard joins Gretchen for a duet on the song and the lyrics speak for themselves:

I'm for the preachers who stay on their knees
And I'm for the sinner who finally believes
And I'm for the farmer with dirt on his hands
And the soldiers who fight for this land

Chorus:

And I'm for the Bible and I'm for the flag
And I'm for the working man, me and ol' hag
I'm just one of many
Who can't get no respect
Politically uncorrect

I guess my opinion is all out of style
Aw, but don't get me started cause I can get riled
And I'll make a fight for the forefather's plan (Ed note: Gretchen is a strict constructionist!)
And the world already knows where I stand


I await a popular rock song to have lyrics that are even 10% as right on in terms of a worldview as these. U2 aint writin' 'em, Bruce sure as hell aint.

Great singing, great playing, fun songs and a political viewpoint that doesn't make me want to throw my stereo across the room: remind me why I would want leftist drivel in my life again?

1 comment: