Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Sarcastic Justice

Sisyphus from the Nihilist in Golf Pants is offering his services to our country as the next Supreme Court Justice of the United States. As is his generous spirit, he's even taken the liberty to script the exact text of his confirmation hearing, in advance. Excerpt:

SCHUMER: Since none of us have been able to lay a glove on you, what could we ask you about that would trip you up?

SISYPHUS: Well, it was a long time ago, but you could ask me about the time I founded a branch of the KKK.

SCHUMER: (Schumer does a touchdown-celebration dance) I knew it! You're a racist, anti-Semite! That's it for you! All of you Republicans are racist klansmen! It doesn't matter how long ago, you're out of the mainstream! Out of the mainstream! Out of the mainstream! Now we can filibuster!

SISYPHUS: Oh, I'm sorry, that wasn't me who founded the KKK chapter, that was Senator Robert Byrd.

No comments:

Post a Comment