Saturday, September 10, 2005

Monkey Wine

Two good posts on Katrina related matters. Professor Bainbridge asks Who's Really to Blame for NOLA?:

I wonder if they'll acknowledge any responsibility for what happened to New Orleans. (Not that I'll be holding my breath.) I also sort of wonder how the "blame Bush first, last, and always" crowd will defend these guys. There's plenty of blame to be shared out on a bipartisan basis, but after reading this story and checking out Save Our Wetlands website, in my opinion they deserve a good-sized chunk of it.

And Brad from Infinite Monkeys has a firsthand report with Katrina's refugees:

But her voice dropped to a whisper when she recounted the next part to me. She said, "I never brought it up, I never asked a question about it, but they kept offering it in conversation - the ones these people are mad at are..." and then she practically mouthed the words (why, I have no idea, as only my two kids were in the room) "the mayor and the governor. They are furious with them. Steaming." And again, she reaffirmed that she was not asking, she did not conduct a poll, but she reported, almost disbelievingly, that not a one mentioned being upset with Bush or the administration. She said Bush, the administration, the federal response were never mentioned. "Not once," she said, "To a person." But mom said they were quick to voice their heated displeasure at the local and state response.

No comments:

Post a Comment