Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Of course Elder'll help to build the wall

Mike from Arizona e-mails to support the idea of walling off bars:

Holy crap what a great idea!!!!!

Out here in Arizona there will probably be a state-wide referendum on banning smoking in public areas. Why state-wide? Because the few cities out here which did ban smoking saw an immediate drop-off in restaurant and bar business by smokers running across the municipal line. No doubt there will be calls to impose the ban in order to save the children - though they would never ever let children into bars at all (What ever happened to that? As kids we went with the family to numerous bars and taverns- that's where the best pizza was).

What a great counter-point if we could just let our favorite adult-beverage dispensing establishments totally wall-off the smokers from the non-smokers. ... separate entrances so the two would never have to mix. A win-win!!! Of course it would be a non-starter because the goal isn't to protect non-smokers from second-hand smoke but to deprive honest, sovereign citizens of the right to poison themselves. I can only imagine what would be next.... my Irish whisky? My home brew? From my cold dead hands they will...

This great concept can expose the last pretensions of these fools and show them for the 2-bit petty tyrants, no-goody nannies they are. I would hope come November 2006, my fellow Arizonans will treat these people as they deserve and give them an "Arizona boat ride"...

... or make them sleep at my house. I've got scorpions and cannot get rid of them... maybe if I took up smoking inside the house...


Scorpions? Kinda puts the whole Asian lady beetle thing that we have to deal with into perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment