Tuesday, February 10, 2004

Definitely Free. Fair Is Another Matter...

Yes, the rumors are true. I have arrived and established a southern outpost in the far flung Fraters empire. The weather here is mild and pleasant. Highs in the mid-sixties with mostly sunny days. I give my regards to the ice people in Minnesota.

We have been in contact with the orphanage and it looks like we'll be going out there on Thursday. I will have a complete report when I have a chance.

I haven't had much of an opportunity to keep up with goings-on in the blogosphere. Just a few minutes here and there to check out the latest offerings from the Northern Alliance. But I am not able to read either the SCSU Scholars or Spitbull because whatever exotic font they use is not recognized here. Either that or the Mexican government has decided that they are subversive influences and is employing some sort of scrambling software to block their powerful message of freedom.

Saint Paul's suspicions on ulterior motives for my trip are well founded. In the hyper competitive world we live in you can't afford to let costs get the best of you and so the Fraters board is exploring options for a move to a lower cost country. I have been trolling the bars and brothels looking for three hard drinking, opinionated Mexicans with an eye for the subtleties of a well done Separated at Birth. Suggesting Vicente Fox and Saddam Hussein is an automatic disqualifier.

My current Fraters brethren need not fear for their futures though. The grounds of the sprawling Fraters compound require a fair number of janitors and gardeners to keep them up. And my company car ain't getting clean by itself either.

No comments:

Post a Comment