Sunday, February 15, 2004

Idolize This!

Okay, I'll admit it. I've watched American Idol a few times. I have a good excuse, however. For the past few weeks it has been on right before the only show on network television that I will devote an hour a week to, the riveting Fox drama series 24, and sometimes I happen to catch the final minutes of the show.

This was the case a few weeks ago when a guy named William Hung (insert joke here) appeared on A.I. singing a wildly funny but technically incompetent version of Ricky Martin's "She Bangs". Now, despite his complete lack of talent, it appears that William is a star. He was featured on Countdown with Keith Olbermann last Friday, he will be appearing on The Ellen Degeneres Show on Tuesday and he has been the subject of countless newspaper articles and web posts (to which we can add this highly influential site).

Now, I've been known to tickle the boundaries of hyperbole on occasion so I'll understand if some of you out there don't believe me when I say this guy is 100% talent free. For those of you who need proof, my evidence to back up this claim is located here (just click on the audition video link).

Will is no Spongmonkey, but he certainly does make me laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment