Friday, February 13, 2004

That's Entertainment!

The Strib's Chris Remenschneider writes today about what a great new record Mason Jennings has released. And after reading this description how could anyone not agree?

A relatively shy guy -- one acquaintance recently said, "I forgot how quiet he can be" -- it's amazing how open and uninhibited Jennings can sound on record. He bares all in depressed new songs like "The Light (Part II)" and "Drinking as Religion," based on an old breakup...

"Depressed new songs" well, that does sound entertaining, but is there perhaps something else to entice the purchase?

The album is called "Use Your Voice," but it's not about activism or politicking or any other call to arms that Pete Seeger might make -- not even in its eulogy for the Wellstones, where he sings 'I'm gonna do all the things I can to live my life more like you.' "

Bingo! Cheapo here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment