Wednesday, February 25, 2004

Early Adopter Tells All

Luke Duke isn’t a great movie reviewer (and if you don’t believe me, just ask him). But if you’d like to know what he thought of the Passion, here’s the link.

For my money, I’ll take informal yet skilled blogging opining over some high-minded snooty New Yorker review any day. And despite his self-deprecation, Luke delivers the goods with observations like this:

For me, the movie wasn't some life changing revelation, but it did help me to understand the humanity and mortality of Jesus Christ. When you hear the stories in Sunday school, you think, "It's Jesus. He can get take a little pain", but when you see what it could have looked like, what kind of pain he was likely put through, it really brings you closer to understanding his sacrifice.

No comments:

Post a Comment