Wednesday, February 01, 2006

And Now It's All Right, It's OK, And You May Look The Other Way

The report of my demise has been greatly exaggerated.

I have been fully examined by a couple doctors, a physical therapist and quite a few mixologists. All agree that I am nearly back to normal. That is, of course, if normal describes a bitter, gin-soaked malcontent with premature gout and a chronic heartburn problem.

After a three week struggle with Radial Neuropathy, commonly called Saturday Night Palsy (pay attention to the second sentence in the "Discussion" section...for no particular reason), I have almost regained full use of my right wrist and fingers. I say almost because I still have a hard time reaching my fingers down to the bottom of the olive jar to retrieve the solid portion of my daily nutritional intake (note to self...buy longer toothpicks).

While my injury has certainly deprived you, the reading public, of my wit and wisdom for the past few weeks, please take heart. My January posting average my have been well below my projected season average, but I fully expect my February numbers to more than make up for that temporary lapse. Hell...I'm already batting 1.000 for the month.

Besides, do you think I want to be thrown in with that Spitbull crew? I've visited their headquarters...I know what goes on in there. I'll play through the pain, thank you very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment