Friday, February 10, 2006

Eats, Shoots and Heaves

Matthew e-mails:

I wish to take this time and thank you for your web site. I find it entertaining and informative. Also you have a better understanding of grammar than the likes of Hugh Hewitt. I was just on his web site and found this "I think it is clear that the last thing we need is more Carters in D.C." Obviously he has a problem with his conjugations. Next, he will start arguing about what is is.

Well glad to hear about your trip to Mexico went successfully, in spite of the delays. The flight was delayed due to a sick pilot? I am familiar with Dengue fever from my Peace Corp days in rural Thailand. Out in the country side is where it was mostly contracted from mosquitoes. Curious. And not pleasant.


Thanks for the kind words Matthew. We never did find out exactly what happened to the Continental first officer whose illness ruined a day for me and an entire trip for my fellow travelers. We just hoped that it was something as serious as dengue fever and not merely a case of his having thirteen, fourteen rum and Cokes the night before.

No comments:

Post a Comment