Sunday, February 26, 2006

Double Dutch

I'm sitting in the Minneapolis airport waiting for my flight to Amsterdam, which departs at 3:40pm. It's about an eight hour jaunt and we'll get in to Amsterdam at 6:30am Monday morning, pick up a rental van at the airport, drive two hours to the city where our distribution hub is located, and tour a new facility. Then three days of meetings and back home on Friday. It's going to be a long week.

And it's not getting off to a great start either. Between my business class trips to Asia and elite status upgrades on domestic flights, I haven't flown coach for nearly a year-and-a half. It reminds me of the classic "Seinfeld" episode:

I've flown first class, Elaine-- I can't go back to coach. I can't... I won't...

That's exactly how I feel. But, despite my best efforts to wrangle an upgrade, I will indeed by flying coach in just over an hour. In steerage class with the teeming masses. It's going to take a lot of free drinks and watching several Simpson's episodes on my laptop to get me through this one. Courage.

No comments:

Post a Comment