Tuesday, December 16, 2003

Converted Commies And Cartoon Cats

In response to JB's query about a proper Christmas gift for your newspaper carrier, I must explain that the situation this year is a bit murky. Last year, despite my reservations, I believe I slipped Aleksey a ten spot for his services. This year however, I have not only received a card from him, but also from a cat named Sylvester Jones (no doubt the illegitmate offspring of one Chuck Jones).

This stems from the fact the Star Tribune separates its newspaper delivery into weekday and weekend segments. I actually have no idea which carrier delivers which to my abode. So I'm in a bit of a quandry. If the weekday carrier rates a $10 gift does the weekend carrier get $4? Or do you have to weigh the size of the Sunday paper into your equation?

It might be easier to just make a donation in both their names to the Human Fund and wish them a Happy Festivus.

No comments:

Post a Comment