Wednesday, December 24, 2003

Melt My Cold Cold Heart

Sweetie...sweetie?
(Groggy) hrufmhf?
Are you awake my darling?
Yeah
I started your coffee already and here's the Journal
Ahh, thanks
But I do have some bad news for you this morning man of my dreams, Dave Dudley,
truck driving honky tonker who did the original version of Six Days On The Road has died
That's too bad
Indeed...well, I'm off to my pilates class, see you tonight


Sometimes when I wake to the soothing tones of Kathy Wurzer on MPR I hit snooze and doze back to sleep for a few minutes. I dreamt the above right after hearing Kathy report that Dave Dudley had indeed perished.

What killed me was that she began the report by saying "People that know me know that I am a huge country music fan. Especially of classic country music."

To look that good, have that kind of voice, to be that sweet AND to like The Country Music? Even a comitted bachelor like yours truly would give it all up to get a Doubtlessette like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment