Saturday, December 20, 2003

If You Be My Inver Grove Chicken

From today's Strib:

An Inver Grove Heights man was shot to death when he apparently interrupted a burglary as he arrived home, police said Friday.

The man, Dao Xiong was a truck driver and had three kids. Sad, yes, but why wasn't he packing a piece? But I digress, the most interesting paragraph came a little later in describing the family:

In February they bought their dream home on 2.3 acres in hilly Inver Grove Heights. It had room for their three children: a 9-year-old son and two daughters, ages 2 and 8; her husband's truck, and some chickens.

I love how the staff writer throws that in...and some chickens, as if it was as normal as having a garden or something.

Now I don't think I have ever been to Inver Grove Heights and frankly don't know exactly where it is, but as a homeowner I wouldn't be all too happy with some new neighbors who moved into their dream house on 2.3 acres, with enough room for their kids, their truck...and some chickens.

And that would make me a moral pariah.

No comments:

Post a Comment