Wednesday, December 17, 2003

God IS Good (Allah Akbar)

Some days you just know that things are going to break your way. You don't know why or how, you just feel it. When I walked out of the house today I felt it. It felt good. And it is good. Almost too good to be true.

I'm a simple man. I don't ask for much in life. Good health for me and my family. A decent job. The love of a good woman. A bar stocked with quality wine, beer, and single malt Scotch. A chance to play hockey once or twice a week. The complete Simpson's Third Season on DVD....

Okay, okay I do ask for a lot (a look at my Amazon Wish List would quickly confirm that) but still there are always those things that no matter how desperately you want you know that you will never get.

Well today I got one of them.

Yes, believe it or not, I received the much anticipated Hugh's Big Snowmobile Adventure pictures today. The source for these magnificent images shall remain anonymous. Let's just say that the folks at the 30 Minute Foto on Santa Monica Blvd. know how to play ball.

When I examined the pictures I laughed until the tears were flowing. Then I composed myself enough to consider my options. Then I laughed again. My first instinct was to rush to post the entire collection in all its glory as soon as possible. But, upon further review, I have decided that to really appreciate and enjoy each picture they must be considered individually. And so over the course of the next few days I will post them one at a time.

I like to call this first one 'Hugh Prepares'. You can see the steely determination on Hugh's face as he laces up his boot to get ready for what will turn out to be a very rocky ride. There is a hint of fear evident as well, as if Hugh has an inkling that he's getting himself into a situation that could prove quite dangerous. He's also probably the only man I've ever known who wears Dockers when snowmobiling. Very shortly, wrinkles would be the least of his worries.




UPDATE: I see that Hugh is posting some of the photos in an effort to "get ahead of the story". This might force my hand a bit, but rest assured, if you want the real story this is the place to turn.

No comments:

Post a Comment