Sunday, December 28, 2003

That's A Paddlin'

So I'm walking into church this morning sort of laughing to myself at the parking job someone had created out of a nonexistant space in the lot. Mass is about to start and there are plenty of people piling into the building. About 10 feet from the entrance I hit a nasty patch of pure ice caused by yesterday's above freezing temps and dang near violenty spill myself on the pavement. I loudly bellow "JESUS EFFING CHRIST!" as the scare of the fall made me completely forget where I was or what I was doing. Only I didn't say effing.

What a boorish, ill-mannered ass I felt like! Several old women (think of those old dames who look on unapprovingly as Mary Tyler Moore tosses her hat on Nicollet Mall) shoot me some of the dirtiest looks I've seen since the last time I cut in at the buffet line at Shoney's.

Families with children look over to see who could have been such a crass lowlife. I just kind of looked back as if to say "Hi. I'm pretty much an ahole. How ya doin'?"

No comments:

Post a Comment