Monday, December 29, 2003

Tice Toast

Duh, right? I've always kind of thought there was a little something off about the guy. He just comes across as such a...meathead. And I'm still not sure what's going on with that accent of his (too much time around some of the star players?).

But I was unaware of his metrosexual tendencies:

Eventually, Tice was asked about his job status and said: "I don't worry about that. I'm a good football coach. I know that. Right now, I'm more worried about my daughter and my wife. I know they were here today. I know they are upset, and I haven't had a chance to talk to them."

Your wife and daughter? WTF? What about the fans? The players? The owner? I imagine he was probably in some kind of daze after such a pathetic loss (btw Mike good idea to go for the touchdown on 4th down in the first quarter!) and I should cut him some slack, but "worrying" about your wife and daughter after you have completely failed to do your job as a football coach strikes me as being just a little too modern.

Vikings fan may now add the obligatory comparison to Bud Grant.

No comments:

Post a Comment