Wednesday, November 26, 2003

Glory, Glory, Glory

One of the cherished Thanksgiving dinner traditions at the Saint Paul residence (besides having “dinner” at 1:00 in the afternoon), is for everyone to recite what they are thankful for in their lives. My problem this year, as always, is an embarrassment of riches. In money, in career satisfaction, in love, in having this last week free of the Elder’s editorial control (and thus getting 100% of my posts published, instead of the customary 10%). Just where in the world do I begin?

My mind need be troubled no more, because I’ve just discovered where to begin and to end.

Google, of course, is the engine of Internet information gathering productivity, dilligently searching 3,307,998,701 web sites daily. And as of this moment, and maybe for all time, when anyone in the world wants to find THIS, they’ll turn to us first.

I boldly predicted this would happen a few days ago. But truth be told, it was bluster, a confident boast in the face of overwhelming odds. I never thought it would happen to someone like me. But now it has. You like me. You really like me.

1 comment: