Tuesday, October 14, 2003

Everything I Need To Know About My Husband I Learn On Talk Radio

Last night I arrived home from work and the first thing I heard from my wife was:

"Now I have to listen to the radio to find out what you're up to?"

She was jesting with me of course. Well, at least partially jesting. She was listening to the Hugh Hewitt show on her way home from work (This is a woman who had twice voted for Clinton and now listens to Hugh and Medved and rails against the liberal bias of the Star Tribune. Don't tell me that you can't change your spouse after marriage.) and caught the segment that Hugh had with Jay Larson of Twin Cities radio station AM 1280 - The Patriot. Hugh was asking Jay how the planning was going for Hugh's winter event in Minnesota, which sounds like it will involve snowmobiles on Lake Minnetonka in some manner. And it will also apparently involve us as Hugh asked Jay to make sure that "the boys from Fraters Libertas are out there".

Now the first time I knew anything about this event was when I heard Hugh mention it last night. I don't really have any idea what it will entail (as I'm sure neither Hugh nor Jay do either) but I don't think it will be anything as controversial as the Minnesota Vikings annual Arctic Blast snowmobile fundraiser . But if it does happen to involve the Viking cheerleaders in any way I would suggest that we keep the details on the QT. Or at least off the national radio airwaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment