Friday, October 31, 2003

We Resemble That Remark

Star Tribune TV critic Neil Justin comments on the audience on Jesse Ventura's America:

The spectators in the St. Paul studio are representative of Minnesota -- almost all white, casually dressed, well-read and extremely underwhelmed. They might make good company at the PTA meeting, but they're out of place on a national program with pumped-up rock music and a host who probably does pushups in his sleep.

While Neil's description certainly fits Atomizer, Saint Paul, and myself I would question how "well read" some of the other members of the audience were at the taping we attended. While they might have been quite thoroughly versed on the latest A.N.S.W.E.R. or Code Pink flyer they picked up at that day's demonstration, I don't think that necessarily qualifies one as "well read".

And I'm not sure how well we would fit in a PTA meeting either, having never attended one. Do they have an open bar?

Pumped up rock music? All I heard was barely audible stale classic rock staples.

Finally I don't know if Neil's taken a close at our ex-guv lately but 'The Body' ain't what it used to be. I dare say that our own Atomizer, not exactly what you would call an exercise fanatic, could crank out more push ups than Jesse these days.

1 comment: