Wednesday, October 29, 2003

Too Much Fuggin' Perspective

I would like to echo the sentiments that Atomizer expressed yesterday, and extend my prayers and hopes for safety to Ben from Infinite Monkeys and his family and to all those facing the fires raging in California. It certainly does help bring some perspective to one's life and if there is any benefit from such horrific events, it is that they remind us what really matters (your family and friends, your health, your memories) and what doesn't (your "stuff", the day to day minor inconveniences of life, Al Franken).

Alas, it seems to be a function of the human condition that such freshly gained perspective has a short shelf life. And I fear that by next week I will have slipped back into working myself into a dither over the most trivial of items and Atomizer will once again be bemoaning the fate of the his flailing fantasy football squad.

Perspective: easy to attain, much harder to hold onto.

No comments:

Post a Comment