Tuesday, October 28, 2003

Perspective

I was sitting here at my keyboard pissed off about the fate of my fantasy football team when I clicked over to see what the Monkeys were up to. The fact that Marshall Faulk has only one touchdown this season seems embarrassingly unimportant now. Monkey Ben and his family seem to have escaped the blaze uninjured, but they most surely went through hell in the process.

I have experienced first hand the heartbreak of a home ravaged by fire. I watched the flames dancing on the roof of the place I called home. I felt the heat. I smelled the smoke. Jebus... I can still smell the smoke to this day. While some may consider me full of hate, I wish that horrible experience on no man.

You are a lucky man, Ben. This Minnesotan is praying for you and your fellow Californians.

1 comment: