Friday, October 17, 2003

No More Yankee My Wankee

Yeah, the Yankees won. And ice is cold. Big freaking yawn.

Look, I'm no big fan of the Red Sox. In fact, I have no small amount of hatred reserved for them in my blackened soul.

I despise Manny Ramirez. The little scumbag tried to bed my girlfriend (at the time) back in his Cleveland days. I'm not going to go into detail here, but I know some things about Manny and his frequent roommate Julian Tavarez that would make for excellent tabloid fodder.

What really bugs me most about Manny is his complete lack of effort. He makes the Twins' Christian Guzman look like Pete freakin' Rose. The SOB was playing in game six of the ALCS and couldn't find the strength to run out a ground ball. Feel the curse, Manny. I hope you choke on it.

Then there's David Ortiz. That filthy bastard was a complete failure as a DH with the Twins and contributed less than nothing to their post season efforts last year. To see him win a World Series would have been too much to bear. Feel the curse, David. I hope you choke on it.

I'm going to stop there as the targets of my ire are too numerous to list and, decorum prohibits listing them here. All I can say is that a part of me is overjoyed that Red Sox (and Cubs) fans have to endure another offseason hoping and praying that NEXT year will be the year that their team finally wins when it counts. Feel the curse, folks. You know what to do with it.

That said, I will be cheering on IRod and the Marlins against the Yankees. There's something beautifully ironic about a team that didn't exist eleven years ago going for their second World Series title given the events of the last few days. No curse there.

Go Fish!

No comments:

Post a Comment