Saturday, January 24, 2004

I Wouldn't Exactly Call It Joy, But Something Much Like It

When I went to the Strib page this morning and read that St. Paul Police had killed a convicted felon who had charged an officer, my first reaction was "YEAH!". Like the Wild! had just scored a goal.

My second reaction was "YEAH!". Like when Matt Johnson drops the mitts to square off with an opponent.

I wouldn't exactly say I felt joy, but I surely was not wringing my hands and asking "Why, why?". I tend to favor the police offing as many criminals as is necessary. No jail costs, no recidivism. If only that worthless bastard Rodriguez would have had the stones to charge a cop a few years back, Dru Sodjin might still be alive.

Shockingly, the Star Tribune accounts have yet to mention race as a factor.

At the northeast Minneapolis apartment building where Rodgers lived, John White described Rodgers as "a thoughtful brother who kept to himself."

I'm sure by tomorrow the "reverends" and the activists and their ilk will have whipped up a frenzy sufficient to warrant coverage in the paper. On those days I tend to throw the thing across the room in fury.

Today I will just enjoy the fact that a good thing happened yesterday in St. Paul.


No comments:

Post a Comment