Friday, January 23, 2004

Teenage Testimonial

Over the last year we've had a lot of fun at the expense of Hugh Hewitt, as well as taking our fair share of friendly slings and arrows from the talk radio host. Despite all the jocular sparring and name calling, we really do have a great deal of admiration and respect for Hugh and what he does.

This past Christmas I gave my eighteen year old nephew a copy of Hugh's book In, But Not Of : A Guide to Christian Ambition. My nephew is a senior in high school and, even though he's not a particularly religious kid, I figured that at least a couple of Hugh's suggestions for living a happy and successful life might connect with him.

I was very pleased to receive a thank you note from him last week which included these comments on the book:

That book was honestly an inspiration for me. It only took about two and a half days to read because I couldn't put it down. I'm forcing my sister to read it as well. I feel as though I have a different perspective on many things now, and I really appreciate it.

Coming from a teenager I'd say that's high praise indeed. This is a crazy thought, but perhaps Hugh might want to collect testimonials on his book such as this and post them on his web site in one place. Nah, too crazy. And it's not as if someone didn't already suggest this oh, about six months ago or anything.

It should be encouraging to Hugh to know that his beliefs and wisdom can play well with the younger demographic groups. Now, if he only would stop playing that tired bumper music on his show he might really have something.

No comments:

Post a Comment