Thursday, January 29, 2004

Bring Warm Dockers

Let's hope that Hugh packed his steamer trunk with lots of woolens.

Yesterday morning it was ten below. At noon it "warmed" to seven below. When I left work at around 6:30pm it was, once again, ten below.

This morning when I left to play hockey at 5:30am it was seventeen below. We're talking raw temps here, not wind chill factor. And while I realize that the idea of getting up early to play hockey at 6:00am when it's bitterly cold might sound crazy to some of you, I must point out that we were playing indoors (we're stupid but not that stupid).

But how do you explain the man I saw out for a jog on my way to the rink? It's 5:30am. Pitch dark. Seven-bleepin'-teen below zero and you decide that it's a nice time for a run? That's not physical fitness, that's freakin' psychosis. Running freaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment