Monday, January 26, 2004

Driving License

License plate seen on a white Taurus station wagon during my commute this morning:

4N8TUR

True story - I initially read that as "fornicator". Noticing a pretty blonde at the wheel, I, of course, abandonned my route to work, swung in behind her, and and was prepared to follow her to the ends of the Earth. This was a once in a life time opportunity.

About 30 minutes later, as I approached the outskirts of Center City, my head cleared enough to read her plate again, and I realized it was saying "For Nature". Instead of an advertisement for her unquestioning embrace of sexual freedom, she was advertsing her unquestioning embrace of trees. Screeeeeech.

In the short run, bad news for me. But, in the long run maybe the best news possible. Since I do believe that leaves this personalized plate option wide open:

4NIC8OR

My tabs are up in August. Come Labor Day, in your neighborhood, when you hear the excited shout: "hey, the fornicator's back in town!" feel free to join me in responding "you got that right baby!"

No comments:

Post a Comment