Thursday, January 22, 2004

Start the Revolution Without Him

Mark Giselson has resigned his post at the head of the Twin Cites Babelogue:

Thanks for the ride. This has been a blast and much as I hate to move on, as a part time obsessive-compulsive with manic-depressive traits, I’ve learned to jump off trains before they get all the way up to speed. Babelogue is a going concern and I look forward to watching it grow into a transformative asset for City Pages.

It is with mixed emotions we bid adieu to Mark. Yes, we often found his perspective ridiculous and maddening. And also shockingly irresponsible emanating from such a well respected traditional media source as the City Pages. But we also appreciated his honesty and vulnerability in expressing the thoughts that Leftists throughout Uptown, Dinkytown, and the City Pages reporting staff no doubt share, but are afraid to reveal. Aspirations like this, which no doubt pulse through the heart of every aspiring Brad Zellar, Budd Rugg, and Paul Demko in our fair city.

In my heart, I still believe in revolution. In my heart, I still think I have the 'nads to put my life on the line for a cause. In my gut I think this is the only way we'll ever achieve our goals of economic and social justice. But in my head, I want to win the next election so we don't have to have a revolution.

But I guess even coffee house revolutionaries can only stand the mentorship of Steve Perry for so long. So Mark is gone and we wish him well in his future endeavors. (Except of course if our dear President wins the next election and Giselson starts throwing Molotov cocktails at the Federal building downtown. We explicitly do not wish him well in that case.)

No comments:

Post a Comment