Wednesday, November 03, 2004

The Beat Goes On

Sigh. Is it too much to hope that we're ever going to see a presidential election again where the Democrats accept the results without dragging us through more of the same tiresome, whiny rigamarole? How wide does the margin have to be anyway?

After a night spent at both the DFL and GOP victory parties (more on that later), I am now at home in my basement blogging (in my boxers of course), watching Fox News, and listening to Hugh Hewitt and what's left of the Northern Alliance and their live election night coverage. And drinking Scotch. That's about the only thing keeping me going at this point.

Look. We all know Bush won. Can we all just admit it and get on with our lives? The delay of the inevitable has already ruined the election night celebrations. But there's still a chance that we can go to bed knowing that it's over with.

The longer this goes on, the less gracious a winner I plan on being. I was going to limit myself to a full day of savoring the victory and gloating a bit. Now, I'm looking at a minimum of two days of sticking it in the faces of the Dems. You want another day? How 'bout a week? Just keep it up. Keep it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment