Tuesday, November 09, 2004

They Love That Dirty Water

Soil and water maven Jim Styczinski comments on the strange case of the Hennepin County District 5 Soil and Water Conservation Supervisor race. Per usual, his insight raises more questions than answers:

What kind of shenanigans are going on in Hennepin County District 5? I'm positive that my earlier check of the Secretary of State's website showed Jonathan Burris well ahead of Michael Wyatt. In fact, the Minnesota Association of Soil and Water Conservation Districts website still shows him as the winner.

What is going on here? Is Mr. Burris the victim of conniving lawyers who want to muscle in on his gay divorce business? Does Mr. Wyatt have the Soil and Water machine behind him? Or do the powerful Republican forces behind Fraters Libertas want to protect a perfect endorsement record?

In any case, it is probably best that I not ask any questions. I know how to keep my mouth shut, I swear.


And this from Tom in Sherburne County:

The Elder may not have made you aware that I wrote you in for all three uncontested races for Sherburne County Soil & Water Commission. The other day, while reading Power Line's entry "Wild Life in the Suburbs" I was given yet another reason why my vote was not wasted and why I will redouble my efforts (such as they were) to get you on the commission next time. If St. Paul were to be my Soil & Water Commissioner, I am certain that we'd have plenty of the right kind of "Wild Turkey" in and around our homestead.

A provocative platform, to say the least. But I'm more of a Bushmills man. And I'm not sure that's enough to turn the tide in Sherburne county, especially against that murderer's row currently serving on the Soil and Water Board. They have what you call, mandates.

No comments:

Post a Comment