Sunday, November 07, 2004

A Very Good Week

Tuesday was the election (duh) and for me, election night coverage for The Patriot from both the DFL and GOP victory parties. It was a crazy and hectic evening, but a lot of fun.

On Wednesday we learned that George W. Bush had been re-elected President. 'Nuff said.

Thursday night was trivia at Keegan's. Although our team came in second place, it was an enjoyable evening of lively discussion with Craig Westover (editorial writer for the St. Paul Pioneer Press), James Phillips (creator of Ralphie and guest blogger at Infinite Monkeys) who was in town from California to catch some puck, and our soil and water man, Jim Styczinski. We ended up hashing out the world's problems till well after 1am, aided by a couple, two three pints. A late night for sure, but well worth the lost hours of slumber.

Friday we filled in for Hugh Hewitt's radio show and had a blast, especially in the third hour talking movies with Emmett.

Saturday was a beautiful late fall day which gave me a chance to finish up on seasonal yard work and squeeze in a walk. It also featured the opening game of the 2004-05 season for my hockey team. No matter how long you play the game and no matter what level you're playing at, there's nothing quite like the thrill of scoring an overtime goal. I was fortunate enough to experience that sensation on Saturday night. Damn it felt good. It never gets old.

Later today, I'm off on a trip to Manila, where I'll spend the week taking care of bidness. If all goes according to plan, I'll be back on Saturday in time for the Salute to Veterans at Keegan's. But, if you see a post this week asking for donations to pay a ransom to Abu Sayyaf, I'd really appreciate it if you'd pony up. After a week like this, I'd really hate to lose my head in the Philippines next week.

(Please note that the last remark was made with tongue firmly in cheek.)

No comments:

Post a Comment